For giggles I thought I would go ahead and try my hand at translating some quotes in English into Kiswahili. Enjoy!
- “Sema kwa upole na beba fimbo kubwa.”
- “Speak softly and carry a big stick.” -Teddy Roosevelt
- “Kuwa ugeuzi unayotaka kuona duniani.”
- “Be the change you want to see in the world.” -Mahatma Ghandi
- “Nawaza kwahivyo nawa.”
- “I think therefore I am.” -Renee Descartes
- “Siku ishika.”
- “Seize the day.” -Horace
- “Hakuna mahali kama nyumbani.”
- “There’s no place like home.” -Dorothy
Powered by ScribeFire.
3 responses to “Kiswahili-isms: Famous Quotes”
While I wait to hear back from the Peace Corps. I was wondering if you had any advice in terms of skill set and/or reading material that you think is important for an ICT Volunteer. It would be great if you wrote it in one entry or email me 😀
gr8 blog, my thoughts on_
seize the day- ishike siku:-) siku ishike:-(